We tapped the verified Christmas experts behind Biltmore Village’s Olde World Christmas Shoppe for (ahem, last minute) decorating tips. It’s never too late to get in the spirit!
- You do not have to put up a tree to decorate for Christmas. If you are just starting out or down-sizing, you can still put out a collection of your favorite things on a mantle or tabletop.
- Mix textures! Mix wood, tin, fabric, and greenery together on a mantle or tabletop. The greenery and candles will soften and warm up your display.
- Layer, layer, layer…. Start with a tree or garland (you may use more than one garland together), and then add ribbon or balls in the same size/color and lights! Don’t be afraid to experiment with different
colors and types of lights. Use this as your backdrop, and begin to add your favorite ornaments
and continue to add until you have the look you want.
- Start a theme tree or garland; choose something you really like and grow with it!
- Color! This is also the time of the year when you can bring in other colors and have fun! (Santa’s favorite color is NOT red or green.)
- Leave some things out all year! Enjoy the things that bring you joy and make you smile!